Wednesday, August 27, 2008
An Award!!! and Slow Cloth Personified
I have been remiss in not acknowledging the Arte de Pico award given to my blog by Lin Moon the first part of August. I feel so honored, Lin!! Thank you so very much!
The rules for the Arte y Pico Award are:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribution to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4. The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link to "Arte de Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
6. Choose 5 other people for this award.
There are many blogs out there that show exquisite work and true artistry on a continuing basis. Here are 5 blogs that totally blow me away:
1 -- The first blog I want to link to is Quieter Moments, a truly wonderful blog whose maven, Elizabeth, explores the wonders of embroidery in many varied ways. She is currently caring for her elderly father so her blog is resting, but do check out her archives if you aren't familiar with her blog.
2 -- Next is Contemporary Embroidery, a blog I just discovered lately. She is doing some extraordinary work and is well worth a visit.
3 -- Another blog where wonderful things happen is Judith's Threadspider. She has a unique take on quilting and embroidery and you just never know what direction she is going to go next.
4 -- Introduced to me by Allie (she always finds the coolest blogs), Ivory Blush Roses does some of the most exquisite work around. Recently she did a great tutorial on crazy quilted pincushions that was just wonderful. Do check her out!
5 -- Finally, I have to include Jo in New Zealand on this list, although I'm sure she has received the award already. Her complex stitching really trips my trigger... she is spectacular!!!
So, I hope one of these blogs is new to you so you have some wonderful new territory to explore!
And now on to Slow Cloth Personified. Behold, Block 17!!!
This is the last of the blocks with any dark fabric in it. It's the top right corner of the outer blocks. Here's a pic of all the pieced blocks to jog your memory.
I now have just the Moon and the 5 blocks to her right to complete for the outer blocks. I'm getting there! I've been doing some thinking about the center portion and there may be revisions in the wind, so stay tuned.
I had a bit of a slow period there where I wasn't stitching, but I seem to have slogged through the doldrums and have emerged with renewed vigor and renewed stitching enthusiasum. I hope to be back "soon" with more updates. Thanks for hanging in there, ladies!!! Have a great day!!!