Monday, April 23, 2007

Colorado trip highlights

I was sick all weekend with either a bad cold or flu (still am) so I didn't post. Believe it or not, though, I have several posts lined up so thought I better get the first one up here.

We had a good time in Colorado. We snuggled with Aiden:
Nana & Aiden PaPa & Aiden

Made a birthday cake for Sophia:
Dad making cake Finished cake
Dad was so nervous about writing Sophia's name on the cake that he forgot the "i" in her name and had to add it later in blue frosting! Hee!

We opened birthday presents and played with balloons:
Opening presents Happy girl!

We had dinner at midnight, cooked by my youngest son, Josh and his wife, in their tee-tiny kitchen:
Kitchen with Josh Kitchen with Beth
Sauteed chicken tenders, mushroom risotto and glazed asparagus. Yummers!

Here are our three boys... Nat, Josh and Randy. They are rather rough around the edges but then, so are we. We love 'em dearly!
Nat, Josh & Randy

We had a good time... too short but we packed in what we could! On the way back we stopped for the night in Taos, New Mexico. I have quite a few pictures I'd like to share so I'll leave those for another day.

I think it's time for another nap!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful family time! Sophia is a cutie!

Hope you're feeling better.

Rian

Gerry said...

YUM! So what time's dinner? LOL.

allie aller said...

Look at those extraordinarily fabulous sons of yours, Marty!!!
Brothers...what a rich interaction they have with each other...we women can barely perceive what it is they feel for each other...
And here you are, all together, to celebrate the continuance of your family with a new baby born...this is beautiful!

Do please post more pics from Taos...
and thanks!

Debra Dixon said...

Your sons look pretty much like the young men here in Texas! Love that birthday cake! What a cute little girl!

Granny Fran said...

What part of Colorado did you visit? I look forward to your photos of Taos. I've been having Taos cravings lately.