Monday, April 02, 2007

Estate sale goodies

Morning ladies!!

How are things in your world this morning?? My world is beginning to look up... the van is back and I get my permanent crown put on this afternoon on that pesky broken tooth. WooHoo! A return to normalcy.

Edited to add... thanks for all the great comments, everyone! I appreciate the support and suggestions. I was going to try and do the quilting myself... I've never done any machine quilting and it is high time I learned. We'll see how the summer goes... I still think it would be a great big blank slate to practice on!! Thanks for the suggestions on adding applique, Victoria, but I don't think I'm up to that right now!!

There hasn't been much quilting or embroidering going on. I've attempted to get some done but it didn't work. I was able to stop at an estate sale on the way to work last Thursday, and I picked up these goodies.
Square collar
This is a lovely crocheted collar. The neck opening is only 3 1/4" (8.25cm) across so I assume it was made for a doll. Maybe it isn't even a collar... although I'm not sure what else it could be. I'll probably use it as the centerpiece for a crazy quilt.

Then I got a few more bits of rick rack... lots of silver:
Rick rack 2
I have plans for a black and white crazy quilt with silver and pearls as accents so I've been keeping my eye out for goodies to add to it.

And here are some of those goodies:
Laguna necklace
Left is a marcasite and jet (I believe) necklace and bracelet and on the right is a Laguna aurora borealis necklace. I just love these crystal necklaces... the beads really make a crazy quilt glisten and shine, don't you think? The copper pieces are a bracelet that I'll probably gift to my red-haired daughter-in-law. It should be smashing with her hair.

That's all for now. I need to resurrect my work room and find the top of my quilting and cutting tables before I start on the Quilt of Valor. Back soon... everyone have a great week!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good luck with your machine quilting.

I can't think of anything else it could be either, with that button there. What a nice haul at the estate sale.

Rissa said...

Funny how we are all about the aquistion! Excellent haul. :-D