Thursday, January 03, 2008

Take It Further Challenge - A choice is made

I've been doing some thinking about the January Take It Further Challenge that SharonB is running. The color scheme is right up my alley and, in the spirit of multi-tasking, it should dovetail nicely with my Midsummer Night CQ.

I'm going to make a Luna Moth to put on my quilt, using this photo as a guide. Luna Moth
(Edited to add: As a disclaimer, this is not a photograph of mine, I pulled it from this site but I couldn't find any copyright info. Hopefully they won't drag me away to jail kicking and screaming!)
It matches the color scheme perfectly and I have wanted to do a luna moth for ages. In fact, I imagine several luna moths may be in my future! When we lived in Louisiana, I saw two different luna moths resting on trees and they just took my breath away with their beauty. Ever since, I have wanted to capture that beauty in some way. Now's my chance!

Tonight I'll go home and pull some fabrics and other goodies from my stash and see what I can come up with. I don't think it will be an embroidered piece per se, but I'm sure I'll use some embroidery thread in it somewhere. I'm not certain just what direction I want to go, but I'll figure out something. WooHoo! ;0)

6 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

If they haul you off to jail, ask if you can take your CQ supplies. I bet you could get a lot done! *wink*

Susan said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous moth picture and will look beautiful on your quilt.

allie aller said...

Wow, what an amazing image. It will be perfect on your quilt.
I too like the idea of using the challenge to help us further our own agendas.

Rissa said...

It is a BEAUTIFUL moth...I am working on a design...I have something in mind...but I am not sure of the execution. LOL

Anonymous said...

hi Marty, this comment is to let you know that I have tagged you on my blog for a Make My Day Award

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful idea Marty...the colors are perfect for it!