Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hello World!

I wish to introduce any remaining readers to the newest edition to the clan... Miss Chloe Ann, born May 2nd and weighing in at 7lbs 1oz and 20 3/4" long.
Hello world!
Her little eyes are soooo slanty; however, she does come by it naturally... see?
The whole family
They are very happy, albeit very tired. It looks like Chloe will be a blonde, too and I don't think there is any way she can escape being "blessed" with massively curly hair. Both Ma and Pa have wondrous curls, she's gonna be a doll!

Mom was here for two weeks and, other than forgetting that I was related to her the first day she was here, she did OK. I stayed home on Monday and Tuesday, to help her get acclimated to a different house, but I was very nervous when I left her alone to go to work on Wednesday. She managed to feed herself, though, so that is always a plus. I think she spent a lot of time out on the patio. It is beautiful in the spring, with the sun coming down through the leaves, the doves cooing and the breezes tickling the wind chimes. On her last day here, she even said it had been a very nice two weeks, something she has never said to me before. I truly didn't know what to say I was so surprised. It was nice to hear it though. I think quite a bit of her bitterness has slipped away from her, along with her short term memory, so there is a silver lining there.

I have been doing some stitching, but not much. I have finished Block 18 now, but here it is with a couple of seams to go:
Block 18 - seams partially done
and here is my favorite seam on this block. It's a raised chain stitch done in #12 perle cotton.
Block 18 - raised chain stitch
I really like this stitch variation; however, next time, I'll run one side or the other down the seam instead of straddling it. It will make for a cleaner line I think, as well as showing off the stitch a bit better.

The next block on the right is the top corner block, so I have switched back over to the other side and am working on Block 8 (I think). My plan is to get all the blocks that have any black fabric on them done before we leave for Colorado in June. Hopefully I'll be able to work on the sky blocks while we are up there, as they are going to be super simple seams in only a couple of colors and some metallics. They should go quickly because I'm not going to try and make each seam unique. I'll probably just use various stem, straight, chain and feather stitches on them. I am so looking forward to finishing them up so I can move on to the next phase. Nat has promised that the center panel of a most voluptuous Titania will be ready for me when we get to Colorado. I can't wait!

I think that's all for now. This coming weekend is a "drag all the junk to the alley for pickup" weekend so I don't know if I'll have anything to show you or not... at least in the way of stitching. I may have a clean concrete slab though... WOOHOO!

Later, Ladies!!

5 comments:

allie aller said...

Congratulations on the beautiful Miss Chloe Ann, Marty! What a beautiful girl she is already. And her parents looks so happy...
Wonderful that your mother was able to enjoy herself during her visit with you...
And your stitching is just exquisite. I wish I was more disciplined about using new and interesting stitches like you!

Very glad to read your catch up post here... ;-)

Gerry said...

Congrats on your new addition. She looks like you woke her up and she's not real happy about it. LOL.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, especailly mom.

Rian said...

Congratulations! And what a pretty name.

Your stitching is absolutely exquisite.

verobirdie said...

Congratulations to the parents and long life to this little girl. She is already absolutely gorgeous!
Glad your mom enjoyed her stay with you, that will be a good memory for you.

Debra Dixon said...

Just dropping by to see what you are doing and egads, it's been a bunch! Worked on my TToL today with threads you sent me so you have been on my mind.

Your embroidery is really very well done!