Friday, October 19, 2007

Block 4 of Midsummer Night CQ is coming along rather well... I think...
Block 4
I'm really not too sure about the curving french knot seam treatment. I love doing those off-the-cuff seam treatments; however, I think I may have gotten a teensy bit carried away on this one. It seems rather cumbersome, and is going to need some more finessing before I'm done. Oh, well... onward!

This block, so far, has french knots (lots of them), lazy daisy stitches, straight stitches and herringbone stitches. More seams to do, of course, as well as finish a couple that need some help. Hopefully by Sunday this block will be finished as far as the embroidery is concerned.

This morning, while we were getting ready for work, we found that Priss had decided that a big pottery bowl with a blanket in it was the perfect place for a morning nap.
Priss inna bowl
This is in the guest/music room so it tends to collect things as we rearrange furniture. I started talking to her and she put out a paw... then started kneading ever so slightly in response...
Priss - relaxed Priss - dug in
I think Miss Priss needs a manicure!

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

verobirdie said...

I agree, your block will be wonderful.
And Miss Priss may need a manicure, but clearly she was quite happy and showing it in cat language.

Threadspider said...

This is such a fabulous colour scheme-perfectly suited to a midsummer fantasy. The French knots are very exciting.

allie aller said...

I think that seam is great...just a bit heavier than the others. But when you have them all worked up it will be fine...
What a cute little kitty....

Rissa said...

Priss and her splitting nails are too cute!

Oh, and I tagged you for a meme, don't feel compelled to do it...but I am interested in your answers. LOL See my blog post today for details.