Monday, July 03, 2006

Continuing with 100 Details in 100 Days

I've been picking and choosing from all the offerings floating around out in blogland and I've had a great time! Here is Day 3... at least the flower part of the detail:
Day 3
First I couched some cording along the seam, then added straight stitches below the couching, and finally the flowers themselves. The stitches in the couching, the straight stitches and the leaves are Soie d'Alger silk floss and the flowers themselves are french knots in varigated perle cotton #8.

This is my version of Day 4. It took me the longest time to figure this one out but I think I finally got it. I couldn't quite see how the herringbone back-to-back was done but after taking a good look at everyone's examples I was able to make it work.
Day 4
It gives a very clean seam treatment, don't you think? This is 5/8 inch ribbon with the herringbone stitches done in Soie d'Alger silk, as is the lacing.

Here is the finished rick rack seam treatment from Day 2. I was finally able to find some pink glass beads... unfortunately not at a new bead store because it was just too freaking hot at 110°F to go exploring! I'll go another time when it's cooler... like maybe 95°... LOL!!! Anyway... I like the way it turned out.
Updated rick rack

And last but definitely not least... Annie Whitsed's ruched ribbon from her Day 11... I love this detail, although mine is rather more contained than her's... gonna have to work on that free form a bit!
Ruched ribbon
This is done with 1/8 inch ribbon and glass beads.

I'm off work today due to the holiday weekend and the plan is to finish the Wedding Heart CQ... wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Marty, these are all just fabulous. You have such a clean style!
I love what you did with the rick rack especially...I have GOT to use that!