Monday, June 25, 2007

Progress in another direction

The weekend plans fell to the wayside after a stop at a local estate sale Friday morning... the purchase of a lovely dresser/buffet at said estate sale... and the reshuffling of furniture that ensued. The new dresser went into our bedroom (it goes very well with the end tables I got a couple of months ago), and the old dresser from the bedroom went into my sewing room. Of course you see where this is going, don't you? Time to rearrange things in the sewing room!

So, I spent the weekend sorting and consolidating my various stashes. I present... the sewing room! The view from the door... that VERY pink little cabinet will probably be painted and repurposed somewhere...
Sewing room - Jun 07

Swinging to the left...
Sewing room  5 - Jun 07

And back to the doorway... where I still have lots of sorting and organizing to do.
Sewing room  3 - Jun 07

That will wait; however, until I have bound the Quilt of Valor and done some work on the design for my Midsummer Night's Dream quilt.

Let the sewing begin!

5 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Looks like a very useful space to me. I love the little pink cabinet--same color as the walls of my studio!

Susan said...

Great space! Lots of lovely fabric piled on the shelves. Looks so colorful.

allie aller said...

Thanks for the tour, Marty. It's great to see where the action is!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your sewing room. I spied a couple of real treasures--your classic Bernie (is it an 830 or a 930?) AND that wonderful pattern cabinet. Where did you score THAT? Thanks for the generous tour. Your old dresser makes a wonderful addition in there too.

Rissa said...

I just adore pictures of other people's studio/workspace. I am seriously considering renting a place outside of the home, thinking it would make me more productive and free up some room for exercise equipment. ROFL