Monday, October 30, 2006

Ahhhh... that's better!

I spent some quality time with my CQ block this weekend, getting in a couple more of the 100 Details in 100 Days seam treatments. I couldn't stand to go another day without sitting down and enjoying a creative moment or two!

Sharon Boggon's eagerly anticipated Library of Personal Stitches class on Joggles starts on Nov 2nd so I figured I would try and get another block done before then. I also felt a little bit awkward working with the needle, thread and beads again it had been so long! I thought it wise to reacquaint myself with the tools before jumping into the Personal Stitches class.

Here is my interpretation of Day 97...
Day 97
I used two strands of silk floss over tiny rick rack with size 11 beads, I think. The top material is more of a mauve than the photo shows, but you get the idea.

This is a bead and button seam treatment where I used a variation of the button technique of Day 50. I don't think it is quite done though... I believe it's gonna need a few more beads around it...
Day 50 - variation
I love playing with bead mixes and the different variations that occur when you just run your needle through a bowl of beads... yummy!

Does anyone else like the way that the completed seam treatments feel when you run your fingers over them? Or is that too much information?!? LOL!! Seriously, I love the feel as well as the look of an intricate seam treatment. Hmmm... perhaps it has been a little too long since I did some stitching!!

I'm still working on my sewing room... the design wall is up but still too many boxes sitting around to do any work. I do believe; however, that this weekend will see the room ready to work in... at least I sure hope so!!

Talk at you later!

4 comments:

Gerry said...

Very lovely work. The bead trails is fantastic!

allie aller said...

Marty, it is beautiful work here!! Glad to see you stitching again.
I hope you will post pics from your Personal Stitch Library class...I couldn't take it due to other committments, so I would love to see what you are doing.
Hooray for getting your sewing room up and running!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Stunning! Breathtaking!

Marty52 said...

Thanks, ladies!!!