So sorry I haven't posted this week. I got some kind of intestinal bug and was down for the count. When I'm sick my brain pretty much turns itself off so I thought it best to not try and blog... could be dangerous!!
Anyway... on to stitching... I pieced the 4", 5" and 7" hearts last weekend. Somehow I skipped a 6" when I was drawing them out... not sure how that happened but by the time I'm done all of them will have grown various amounts so the composition should still be pleasing to the eye.
This is the 4" and 5" on one piece of muslin with seams embroidered and beads/buttons begun. They are held in a 14" hoop on a stand that sits in my lap.
(A picture of the 7" heart should be here; however, blogger is having issues so check out my flickr site for the actual pic.)
And this is the 7" heart just pieced. That's my granddaughter in the center, she was the flower girl... isn't she sweet?! The long seam across the top is not ideal; however, when I ironed the picture to set the color, something came off the iron onto the picture just above her head so I had to figure out something to cover it up. Oh, well... buttons, beads and lace cure everything! ;0)
(Ditto on this picture!)
This is the 4" heart "pieced" with the beading started. It's actually part of a lace table runner I inherited from my Mother. I know... I cut up a piece of family linen, I should probably be shot! But wait... there was candle wax embedded in the runner (from my misspent youth) and simply no way to get it out so I bit the bullet and cut into it. It will get used and admired that way so I feel OK doing that. The lace is laid over hand-dyed cotton I got on eBay. The color here is pretty accurate.
(And this picture... sheesh!!!!)
This is the same heart with the beading completed.
Since this is a long weekend, I hope to get quite a bit done. I'm tentatively planning on having all the hearts finished by Monday so I can begin attaching them to the backing. Wish me luck!