I was finally able to spend some quality time on my crazy quilting this weekend. I decided to put the finishing touches on my Joggles block. Because it was so heavily encrusted, the center block with the Fairy on it was rather wrinkled and sunken in. After a bit of thinking on it and with much trepidation, I cut into the backing fabric (two layers) and gently laid some batting in beneath the Fairy to raise her up.
Here are the cuts in the back.
And here is the Fairy all poofed up.
Then I backed the entire block with a coordinating fabric and laid more batting inside to make it a bit more substantial. It felt great but needed more... so I spent the rest of the day beading the outer edge of the entire block. I really like the way it turned out, although it would be more even if I had used delica beads.
Here is the entire block showing the beaded edge.
And here is a detail of the upper left corner.
There is one more step to be done before I can send it off to Colorado. Hopefully I'll have more on that in the next couple of days.
Meanwhile, I have pieced the first heart on the wedding block.
More to come!!